Best Small Business Start Up Ever; Stripe a Parking Lot; Tools and Techniques; The Long Rope


Go to the “Extension Cord” aisle at your favorite hardware store. Pick up one of those “orange discs” ...that you use to keep an extension cord on. Next…head over to the “Rope Aisle”. Ask someone to reel about 160′ of Yellow, Poly, Boat Rope on to that Orange Disk. Fill the disc maybe ¾ full. Next…go pay for both. That device is now called your “Long Rope”. It’s used (3) ways. 
1) If your job is to “Re-Stripe” existing stripes…stretch this Long Rope along the “Tail Ends” of those stripes. Pull it tight. Walk along that rope and use a certain type, piece of chalk to mark the new beginning of those stripes. You want the new stripes to be the same length. I don’t really care if they’re 18′ 2″ or 18′ 1″…as long as they’re all the same length.
2) In my book…I talk about; “Lined Up” stripes. So…after the “Tail Ends” are marked…or “Ticked”, you’ll turn that same Long Rope 90 degrees and stretch it across 2 or more “Double Bays”. Spray right beside this Long Rope to make all lines straight, lined up and…quick. 
3) Stretch this same rope right beside an existing, semi straight “Center Line”. Pull it tight. Spray right beside it. Your “Long Lines” will be laser straight. (Remember…no one can walk straight.) 
Bottom line...this Long Rope makes the job pretty and saves loads of time. Try it.
Last...if you're interested in this All Time Best Small Business Start Up...take a look at my site; www.AmericanStriping.com. Consider buying my book;
How I Stripe a Parking Lot, 24 years, By Myself. And...Click Here to read the first (4) pages. Thanks again. I hope I helped.



Popular posts from this blog

How I Stencil a Parking Lot

How I Stripe; Parking Lot Stencils

Best Parking Lot Stencil