How I Stripe; Parking Lot Stencils

I manufacture parking lot stencils.
Don't buy a "Picture Frame" style stencil.
Every striper I know sprays the Handicap "Picture Frame" style border using the machine. 
Here's how I stripe the Picture Frame Border around the Handicap Stencil.
We all know that no stencil will match your stencil.
So, we all hand paint / hand "roll" a Blue "Block" / "Square" over top the existing Handicap Stencil, to cover it. We then lay our Handicap stencil atop the ( dried ) Blue Block and spray whatever color is needed. Let's say Yellow. Thus the finished product is a Yellow Handicap Stencil atop the Blue Background. All is well.
Next, rarely does a client want any "Picture Frame" border around the Blue Block Background. I don't think anyone's even asked me or told me either. But, sometimes it was like that and you need to "put it back" like that.
Use the machine. 
You may already have the "Base Line" snapped for (2) reasons:
A) To know where to begin spraying your line / stripes, to make sure they are all the same length.
B) To "locate" the Handicap stencil / stencils. We want them in-line and pretty.
( I have an idea if you're about to spray multiple Handicap stencils, in a row. I'll get to it. )
Again, You may already have the "Base Line" snapped. 
If there's just (1) Handicap stencil, instead of laying the Handicap stencil right on the Base Line, scoot the Handicap stencil up, into the stall, maybe 4". Trace around the perimeter of the actual piece of plastic. Slide that stencil aside. Paint the Blue Block. ( I have a Blue bucket of paint with a 9", inexpensive "roller", just like for your living room wall, in the bucket. Hand roll the Blue Block. )
Next...spray the border using the machine on the outside of the drawn / traced border. You should overlap into the Blue a minimal amount. ( If your machine is set to produce a 4.5" line, you could stripe along the Base Line, like I do, to assure the bottom of the Border is perfectly in-line with the length of the stall lines / stripes and also in-line with the bottom of the adjacent "Hashed Out" walkway, which I call a "Gore". If you do stripe on the Base Line, that should mean that your Picture Frame Border overlaps into the Blue by 1/2". Again, all is well. Paint all (4) sides. Your single Picture frame is done. And, it does not have any of those "breaks" that stencils have.
Next, when I have (2) or more Handicap stencils, in a row, I take steps to line them up and make it all pretty. 
Again, if you don't have a Base Line snapped, snap one, for (2) semi different reasons.
A) You'll want the Handicap stencils lined up with each other.
B) When you spray (2) or more, within a row, you'll have a "Hashed Out" walkway / "Gore", between them. The bottom of this "Hashed Out Walkway / Gore has a line along the bottom too. I want that to be in-line with the bottom of both picture frames.
It's simple...spray the bottom line of the picture frame, keep walking, spray the bottom line of the Hashed Out Walkway / Gore, keep walking, spray the bottom line of the next picture frame...all lined up, pretty and quick.
I also snap a chalk line across the tops of the Handicap stencils. I spray the top portion of (1) picture frame and keep walking to the next. Spray that top and both are lined up, pretty and quick. 
Then...spray up the sides. No stencil. no "touching up" where the "connectors / bridges" were...in the floppy stencil...!
Done. 
A note, I spray on the outside of my traced outline and the outside of the sides. While I give the biggest "Edge Distances" when I manufacture, none are 1", my 39" Handicap, which is the most popular size, has 4" of Edge Distance. If your line is 4.5" wide and you paint on the inside of the snapped lines, your stripe will nick the wheel along the bottom of the Handicap and nick the "Head" along the top of the Handicap. Paint your Blue Block. Stripe on the outside of the snapped / drawn lines. Overlap into the Blue maybe 1/2".
Next...I'll add a post on how I stripe a Stop Bar. 
Again, I manufacture stencils all day, everyday. But, don't buy a Stop Bar stencil either. It's not that Stop Bars all different, and they are, it's that your machine can do the job. I'll post that separately. Stay in touch. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks again.
Dan Zurcher
The American Striping Company.
Columbus Ohio. 
614.237.8884

Comments

  1. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Benjamin Briel Lee was very professional at all times, keeping me aware of everything that was happening, If I had any questions he was always available to answer. This was my first home purchase, I didn’t know much about the loan process, he made it very easy to understand the things I had questions about. I really enjoyed working with him.”  
    He's a loan officer working with a group of investor's who are willing to fund any project or loan you any amount with a very low interest.Contact Benjamin Briel Lee E-Mail: lfdsloans@outlook.com  Whats-App Number: +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Stencil a Parking Lot

Best Parking Lot Stencil